Thursday, July 15, 2010

The interview is just plodding along, Exile in Guyville, record labels blah blah BAM!

Emily: So, I feel like I have to tell you, in my book there's a chapter called "Flower," based on your song, that's about how when I was 17 I took the virginity of a 14-year-old guy who was on my swim team, and everyone in my high school found out about it and it kind of sucked.

Liz: God, I'm sorry cause that sounds awful, but how hot is that?

Emily: He was so gorgeous, too. He definitely did not look like a 14-year-old. Um, it's disgusting to think of it now. But I was 17, it's not like I was a sexual predator…

Liz: Is it wrong that I'm sort of feeling like, you go girl?

Emily: I felt very justified by the song "Flower"—the lyric "You act like you're 14 years old" really resonated for me because he really was.

Liz: It was very concrete for you!

Emily: I'm friends with him now on Facebook. He's a painter. He seems to have turned out totally fine, so, no harm, no foul.

-Daily Beast

No comments:

Post a Comment