Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Social Periscope

"A periscope is an instrument for observation from a concealed position."

"Periscopes allow a submarine, when submerged at a shallow depth, to search for targets and threats in the surrounding sea and air. When not in use, a submarine's periscope retracts into the hull. A submarine commander in tactical conditions must exercise discretion when using his periscope, since it creates an observable wake and may become detectable by radar, giving away the sub's position."

-Wikipedia

I invented the title of this post one day in therapy as a description of my relationship with facebook. My therapist had no idea what a periscope was. This confused me. She has a doctorate in something that qualifies her to solve others dysfunctions. Hasn't there been a submarine movie made recently? Das Boot and that one with Bon Jovi? I stopped going for help after that. It cost $40 a session at a discounted rate. I still owe them money.

No comments:

Post a Comment